Translate

Friday, April 27, 2012

Art Influence in a Surpising way

I recently posted a picture of  Jackson Pollock's "1943 Mural" and noticed something that I was not aware of. Now Pollock is a favorite of mine, and well not versed as much on earlier pieces.
One evening I was watching Ed Harris's Film " Pollock" and the scene where he is painting a commission piece for Peggy Guggenheim I was like, " My Painting Dwin Deablo has features of this.

One thing about my art, I am upfront and honest and never realized the similarities from years back. And to go a step further, "1943 Mural" is in Iowa City all the time. Wanted to share this picture. Naturally my work has qualities of  that work.







<a href="http://fineartamerica.com/art/paintings/jon+baldwin+art/all" style="font: 10pt arial; text-decoration: underline;">jon baldwin art paintings</a>

No comments: